Staying Covid Secure in 2021
The Government have stated that we are able to open for classes in the studio from Monday 12th April.
In order to comply with guidelines we have carried out a Covid risk assessment. Details of this can be seen below.
- Any person with symptoms of Covid-19 should not attend classes and refer to government guidelines on self isolating
- Social distancing will be implemented for entry, lesson time and exit of the studio based on current government guidelines
- The children’s social room will be closed. Parents will not be permitted to wait inside the building
- We have access to hand washing facilities, hand sanitiser available and request children bring their own personal hand towel to use
- Disposable tissues will be available to use
- If symptoms are suspected the dancer will be taken to wait in a separate room and parents called to collect the pupil
- Ballet barres are generally not in use, and there will be regular cleaning of high touch surfaces and toilets.
- Regular checks will be kept on government sites for changes to guidelines.
- Face-masks must be worn by everyone 11 years and older while entering and exiting the studio and on using the toilets. Parents should wear masks if dropping the children off at the door.
We are hoping to continue to classes in the studio but should restrictions be re imposed we will return to online zoom classes, please see below for advice on these.
When participating in these classes you accept the following terms and conditions.
*General Disclaimer: before allowing your child to take part in either the live lessons or the pre-recorded lessons that you have considered he following:
- Your child is physically well
- Your child is suitable dressed with safe footwear
- Your child is in an uncluttered space
- You are supervising your child whilst they are taking part
- You should also understand that when your child is participating in any form of dance class you are agreeing for them to do so at your own risk. CJs dance and fitness cannot be held responsible for any injuries occurring as a result of your child’s participation.
CDMT Recognised School
CJ’s is a CDMT Recognised school and meets the following nine requirements of professional practice
- Have and adhere to appropriate Professional Policies and Procedures in respect of the following: health and safety (including safe dance practice), safeguarding, equal opportunities and customer service (including feedback and complaints)
- Ensure valid Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificates are in place for all members of staff including teachers, administrators and all ancillary staff
- Hold appropriate and adequate Insurance
- Adhere to the CDMT Code of Professional Conduct and Practice or recognised equivalent
- Make the Nine Requirements for Recognised Schools document publically available, together with the following Key Information: contact details, timetables and venues for examinations and all performance events
- Ensure that the majority of teaching is delivered by teachers with appropriate Teaching Qualifications i.e. hold a CDMT, Ofqual or other government recognised teaching qualification at QCF Level 3 or above. Teachers not holding (or working towards) such a teaching qualification should be in the minority but will still demonstrate Professional Experience to the satisfaction of CDMT
- Employ or engage all teachers on appropriate Teaching Contracts
- Conduct annual Staff Appraisals and offer relevant Continuing Professional Development within the organisation
- Keep formal Financial Accounts which are independently inspected or audited where required by law.